The Assistant Boys Varsity Football Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for assisting in the overall management of the Varsity boys football team under the leadership of the Head Boys Varsity Football Coach. This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for physical fitness, discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in football. This position requires travel and work on weekends and evenings.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and supervision of the Boys Varsity Football program.
- Ensures that Branson and League policies, rules and regulations regarding the conduct of athletic activities and athletes are followed.
- Works with the Athletic Department to plan and organize practices and games schedules.
- Maintains a safe environment for student athletes at all times.
- Develop an appropriate training program and practice schedules.
- Ensures the regular supervision of student athletes at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Ensures that student athletes adhere to training rules, class and grade requirements, and rules of behavior on the court, in conditioning, and in the locker room.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, and officials. Resolves all conflicts in a professional manner.
- Professionally represents Branson in all interactions with the community at large.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- One to two years of experience as a football coach.
- CPR Certified through American Red Cross.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Experience working and communicating with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to act professionally and keep students’ records confidential.
- Ability to make decisions and handle conflicts.