The role of the boy’s Head Basketball Coach is to lead the Varsity Boys Basketball Program at Detroit Cristo Rey High School. The candidate assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Asses player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice.
- Determining game strategies.
- Supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain the equipment storage area in an orderly condition and assumes responsibility for it security.
- Distribute equipment, supplies, and uniforms to players.
- Submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participate in special activities to include parent’s night, sports banquet, award night, and pep assemblies.
- Experience as a basketball coach at the high school level, college level preferred.
- Effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport; experience in the Catholic League a plus.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills – must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, students, and other coaches.
- Demonstrated high energy, and ability to be positive, influential and collaborative.