To organize, coordinate and promote a comprehensive athletic program in the assigned sport that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the school community. To provide effective leadership that will ensure a positive learning environment and will stress the importance of academic achievement. To demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations and be a positive role model for all students.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Patience, reliability, problem solving ability, as well as diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of the assigned sport.
- Previous coaching experience in the assigned sport preferred.
- Exceptional leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills.
Essential Functions and Representative Duties:
- Plan, organize, and implement the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules, and proper conditioning in the assigned sport.
- Enforce all rules of league and state associations as they pertain to the respective sport.
- Cooperate with the administration, athletic director, fellow coaches and students to promote the best interests of the entire athletic program.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Provide for the safety of participants by inspecting facilities and equipment and being aware of environmental conditions.
- Ensure that adequate supervision is provided for all students involved in the program including locker rooms and buses.
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one’s team.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards.