- Oversee the entire baseball program.
- Develop, monitor, supervise, and train beginner and advanced student-athletes to play baseball.
- Commit to building relationships with and have a willingness to coach and mentor student-athletes academically and athletically.
- Instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Cooperate in a timely manner with School Athletic Office and the District Athletic Department in regard to requests for pertinent information that might be periodically required.
- Meet all requirements set forth by the District Board of Education and the Ohio Department of Education in regard to required Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/Certification and Pupil Activity Permit.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes including: timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic, being respectful, and practice constructive criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Set a positive example at all times while with student-athletes. Be dressed appropriately at all practices and games Maintain suitable sideline conduct including the use of appropriate language at all times.
- Provide all applicable in-season training rules as well as any that may apply to out-of-season conduct to team members in writing prior to the start of the season. Follow appropriate due process procedures when violations occur.
- Check the status of academic eligibility for all prospective student-athletes.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate desired.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is preferred.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a County Police Records Check, State BCII Check, and FBI Fingerprint Background Check. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupils Activity Permit. Completion of Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/Certification.