The Boys' Varsity Head Lacrosse Coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director in accordance with Father Gabriel Richard High School's Catholic mission. The coach must realize and appreciate the need for the lacrosse program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Catholic in good standing preferred.
- All applicants must have a current resume with a fully completed application.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in lacrosse.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensure that all lacrosse coaches work together toward a common goal within the lacrosse program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students' athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extra-curricular participation.
- Work with the athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.