Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all aspects of the program including the JV team.
- Complete pre-season planning well in advance of the starting date and communicate with assistant coaches and JV coach their responsibilities.
- Build a relationship with each student-athlete on the team, regardless of role.
- Motivate students to improve individually and contribute to team improvement.
- Run well-organized practices using sound teaching progressions.
- Communicate with parents and the community to promote this sport and The John Carroll School.
- Monitor student-athletes’ academic performance using Veracross.
- Promote safety within all aspects of the program.
- Follow all MIAA rules and regulations.
- Work with the Admissions Office to attract and secure prospective student-athletes who are interested in attending The John Carroll School.
- Demonstrated success in coaching at the high school level.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with this sport.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse groups.