The Boys Varsity Assistant Coach will assist with planning and executing team practices, coaching all scheduled games, overseeing inventory of sports equipment and uniforms, and driving the team to away games/practice sites on a school vehicle. This position reports directly to the Athletic Director.
- Identifying, developing, and applying age and developmentally appropriate coaching methods.
- Developing and implement practice plans and routines.
- Communicating team and program related information to assistant coaches, athletes and parents/guardians effectively and promptly.
- Communicate with athletic department staff effectively and promptly.
- Attend meetings and trainings scheduled by the Athletic Director.
- Comply with all school, and league policies and regulations.
Successful candidates will have:
- Expert knowledge of given sport.
- Coaching experience and certification preferred.
- Capacity and desire to seek out and participate in ongoing professional development.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Satisfactory criminal background check that meets school standards.
- Safe driving record that meets school standards.