To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self discipline and self confidence.
- Yearlong supervision and implementation of weight and conditioning sessions, Boys Tennis specific workouts, pre game, in game and post game strategies as well as non sport specific functions.
- Should be present at all in and out of season functions involving Boys Tennis or as required by the Director of Student Activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Student Activities in selecting qualified candidates to be recommended for hiring to the building Principal and the School Board. These coaching recommendations shall include recommendations within the athletic department in general and Boys Tennis specifically.
- Assist the Director of Student Activities in ensuring that all assistant coaches within their sport are operating within the guidelines set forth within the Dinwiddie County Public Schools, Dinwiddie High School Athletic Department and Virginia High School League policies.
- Send team pertinent information to student-athletes and parents.
- Ensure that student-athletes and parents are fully informed with regards to Dinwiddie Athletic Department and team rules and policies as well as practice and game schedules.
- Monitor athlete behavior, attendance and academic status. (This includes providing corrective assistance to administrators and teachers as requested and necessary).
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dinwiddie County Public Schools does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.