- Valid Iowa coaching endorsement or authorization, required.
- Varsity level head coaching experience preferred.
- Anticipated Teacher within WCSD for 2021/2022 in one of the following areas preferred: English, Social Studies, Business .5, Math, Special Education.
- Demonstrate aptitude for performing tasks listed.
- Exhibit high moral values and be able to serve as a favorable example to young people.
- Formulate objectives for the sport season as it would pertain to player personnel .
- Be knowledgeable of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport.
- Inventory, selection, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist athletic director with proper registration of all athletes at beginning of season.
- Collect necessary fees and immediately turn in to the activities director.
- Arrange for systematic issuance of school equipment.
- Make sure all athletes have physicals, concussion forms and medical cards on file.
- Assume supervisory control over all phases of the program.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the idea of developing the athlete’s greatest potential.
- Apply discipline in a firm and positive manner.
- See that facility regulations are understood and enforced.
- Conduct oneself and teams in an ethical manner during practices and in contests.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of the district regarding bus transportation.
- Directly supervise, or designate a supervisor, of all locker rooms and lock up facilities at the close of each practice or contest.
Waukee Community School District is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and community. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better positioned we are to build genuine relationships based on individual perspectives and positively contribute to a diverse global community.