The head boys' varsity tennis coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director in accordance with Father Gabriel Richard High School's Catholic mission. The head boys' varsity tennis coach must realize and appreciate the need for the tennis program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Catholic in good standing preferred.
- All applicants must have a current resume with a fully completed application.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in tennis.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensures that all tennis coaches work together toward a common goal within the tennis program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students' athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.