To assume all duties of a head coach at the varsity level and help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the athletic director.
- Understands and maintains the standard of the Fennville athletic handbook.
- Develops the coaching staff within the program.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Is an integral part of the program’s youth and developmental program.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes/oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Valid teaching certificate and a degree program with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first aid, CPR and sports medicine.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.