The Bay School's commitment to athletics is based upon our goal to educate the "whole" person and our belief that physical and athletic accomplishments have important lifelong benefits. The school seeks to be known for its athletic achievements, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit as well as to be respected for the integrity and discipline of its players, coaches, and spectators.
- Plan and assist in leading 1 ½ to 2-hour afternoon practices Mon-Fri, beginning no earlier than 3:00 p.m. and ending no later than 7:30 pm;
- Attend all games which may require being available earlier than 3:00 p.m;
- Attends occasional athletic department meetings and school events as needed;
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has strong athletic knowledge and experience in the sport of volleyball and a desire to build/maintain a successful program;
- Possess a professional and positive demeanor when working with colleagues, students, and parents;
- Enjoys working with and developing teenagers as student-athletes and good citizens;
- Strives to build teamwork, skill, and sportsmanship as the cornerstones of our volleyball program;
- Finds resonance with the school’s mission and philosophy, especially with regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Has the energy to work in a small independent school environment;
- Possesses excellent organization, time management, and strong communication skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to provide and incorporate constructive feedback as a means to improve the student experience as well their own coaching;
- Seeks to serve as a role model for young student-athletes, understanding both culturally responsive coaching and the social justice dimensions of education.