Position is responsible for coaching the C-squad girls basketball team in practices and games. Position is also responsible for assisting the head coach at practices and in games. The position is expected to motivate and encourage players at all three levels (Varsity, B, C).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Know and follow all district policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are explained and communicated to the athletes.
- Enforce all policies and emphasize teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Represent the school and program in a positive way at all times.
- Exhibit loyalty to the other coaches, the players, and to JWP Girls Basketball Program
- Maintain a safe environment for athletes at all times.
- Establish clear expectations for the players on your (B or C squad) team.
- Interact with athletes, fellow coaches, parents, and officials in a courteous and professional manner.
- Attend all practices and games (Varsity, B and C) regularly and be punctual.
- Travel on the bus with the team both to and from events.
- Maintain and keep secure confidential files, records and correspondence regarding any athlete or coach involved in the program.
- Submit a list of award winners for your individual team at the end of the season.
- Assist head coach with supervising of athletes during practices and at home and away games.
- Maintain the equipment room and office space and assume responsibility for its security.
- Ensure that medical and safety requirements are followed and adhere to established procedures in the event of an injury.