The York JCC's Center for Learn and Play is looking for a Children's Physical Education Instructor to work with our Early Childhood Education classes. Candidate for this position needs to have knowledge of physical education and movement appropriate for this age group, needs to be able to to work well with children ages 2-5, and is highly experienced teaching children in a professional setting. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Plan, prepare, and monitor class participants.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the area of expertise being taught.
- Ability to correctly perform and teach proper skills safely.
- Create a safe environment for all participants.
- Attend annual staff training and bi-annual all staff meetings.
- Greet all children by name and in a friendly manner.
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador of the JCC.
- Report all needed repairs and needed equipment to run a program to your supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in area of expertise or certified in related field.
- Taught children in a professional setting for 100 or more hours.