Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and shows written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively special education teachers to modify curriculum as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aides(s) and volunteer(s).
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
- Knowledge of subjects assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.