Charlotte County Public Schools boasts a competitive compensation package* for employees. This package includes a robust employee benefits offering with access to plan options for supplemental and options plans. CCPS offers plan members an onsite Wellness Center. The Wellness Center provides no-cost preventative care, low-cost acute care appointments, behavioral health services, and prescription dispensing for select prescriptions at no additional cost! If an eligible employee does not need medical coverage, CCPS has a paid benefit opt-out option.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited four year college/university.
- Valid Florida teacher certification or equivalent.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Appropriate ESOL, Gifted and Reading hours as required.
- Maintains a valid Florida Teaching Certificate or appropriate certification.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate and complete records and reports as required by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
- Supports the student learning plan.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative procedures and board policies.
- Fulfills the terms of the written contract, unless released from the contract by the school board.
- Maintains a classroom environment which is safe, orderly, and conductive to effective learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Prepares and maintains lesson plans for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.