The BCC Club Sports program prioritizes academics. The Club Cross Country Coach will communicate directly with students to create academic success plans and manage steps appropriately. The successful candidate will work with the Director of Recreation to identify cases where additional support is needed. Support "wholistic" student success through relationship building, mentoring and education.
- Meeting with prospective participants.
- Understanding & supporting the policies of Berkshire.
- Community College Club Sports.
- Structuring training, meet & race strategy.
- Leading the club during meets & races.
- Communicating with club members.
- Cultivating a club culture and treating all club members in a fair and equitable way.
- Reporting issues with the club or its members to the Director of Recreational Services.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- No previous coaching experience is required, but is preferred.
- Playing experience at least at a high school varsity level is strongly preferred.
- Must be a clear communicator and have strong leadership skills.
- Clear understanding of the value of sportsmanship. Ability to work without direct supervision.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certifications preferred, may be obtained upon hire.
Berkshire Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin in its education programs or employment.