The Head Club Ice Hockey Coach plays the leadership role in administrative, instructional, academic and recruiting services for the men’s and women’s club hockey teams. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the club hockey program as well as additional responsibilities as assigned within the Recreational Services Department
- Direct the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the Club Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey Program.
- Coordinate club member activities including but not limited to recruiting, conditioning, and academic services as needed.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, Recreational Services Department and Club Ice Hockey program to insure academic progress of the student club members.
- Provide oversight and direction to the part-time club hockey assistant coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student club members and well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures, and guidelines of Augustana University and the Recreational Services Department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preference will be given to those with experience specific to coaching Ice Hockey.
- Understanding of American Collegiate Hockey Association rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work varying hours which may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.