The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in all aspects of the club sports teams programming for practices, games, administrative organization of team rosters, equipment, conduct and team travel.
- Assists the Head Coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations equipment and techniques of the club and intramural sports.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the Head Coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment in orderly condition.
- Distributes equipment, supplies and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience coaching or playing the sport.
Current valid Oregon driver’s license or ability to obtain prior to scheduled activity date; must be able to gain approval for driving according to the COCC Driving Policy.