The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in all aspects of the club sports teams programming for practices, games, administrative organization of team rosters, equipment, conduct and team travel.
- Assists the Head Coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations equipment and techniques of the club and intramural sports.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the Head Coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment in orderly condition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to represent the College in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of individuals and groups representing a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders like, referees, club sports association members, athletic trainers, COCC staff, and students.
- Ability to work cooperatively with, and contribute to, a diverse workplace through ideas or experience.
- Ability to display patience in interactions with students and community visitors who do not have experience with the educational process.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using English language with or without the use of auxiliary aids or an interpreter.
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other classes protected under federal and state statutes in any education program, activities or employment.