The Head Coach is responsible for a COCC Club Sports Team for college student athletes. Plan, organize, conduct and supervise practices and games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses players’ skills, monitors players during competition and practice.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models proper sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Club Sports to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Manages the assistant coaches and other team staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret rules, regulations and techniques of the sport.
- Must be self-starter, capable of independent action and project initiation without supervision.
- Skills in creating effective team environment.
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule including participation in evening and weekend events and able to travel throughout College district.
- Able to represent the College in a positive, professional manner and work effectively with community partners.
- Able to interact with a diverse set of individuals and groups representing a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders such as referees, club sports association members, athletic trainers, COCC staff, and students.
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with people from different cultural backgrounds and other aspects of human diversity.
- Ability to display patience in interactions with students and community visitors who do not have experience with the athletic process.
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other classes protected under federal and state statutes in any education program, activities or employment.