The Head Coach is responsible for a COCC Club Sports Team for college student athletes. Plan, organize, conduct and supervise practices and games.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses players’ skills, monitors players during competition and practice.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models proper sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Club Sports to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Manages the assistant coaches and other team staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret rules, regulations and techniques of the sport.
- Must be self-starter, capable of independent action and project initiation without supervision.
- Skills in creating effective team environment.
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule including participation in evening and weekend events and able to travel throughout College district.
- Able to represent the College in a positive, professional manner and work effectively with community partners.
- Able to interact with a diverse set of individuals and groups representing a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders such as referees, club sports association members, athletic trainers, COCC staff, and students.
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with people from different cultural backgrounds and other aspects of human diversity.