Williams College is pleased to announce an opening for Co-Head Coach of the Williams College Rugby Club. The Williams College Rugby Club is a club sport, affiliated with Williams College. This is a paid, part-time position spanning two seasons: a 8-10 week season in the fall (early September to mid-November), and a 4 week season in the spring (the month of April).
- Attending practices 3 to 4 times per week with students during the Fall Semester. Practices are scheduled from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and consist of drills, scrimmages and technical instruction.
- Meeting and check-in’s with the team once per week during the period between seasons.
- Assistance in planning training and match details with the team for competitions.
- Attendance at matches on weekends during each season.
- Developing and building technical skills as well as confidence in players who are newer to the sport.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 1 or more years related experience;
- Coaching and/or playing experience (experience at collegiate level desirable);
- A strong foundational knowledge of the sport of rugby;
- An excitement to engage with college students and further a passion for the sport of rugby;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills;
- The ability to work evenings and weekends as the schedule dictates.