Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the recruitment of prospective students who will meet University admission standards.
- Responsible for all ACHA or AAU required paperwork as well as understanding all rules associated with the ACHA or AAU.
- Foster and enhance relationships with other club hockey coaches.
- Work collaboratively with other men’s club ice hockey programs.
- Responsible for the retention of all team members, particularly first year students and ensure their transition into college is seamless.
- Work with the Club Sports staff to develop a cohesive program and highlight those via social media and the club sports website.
- Develop a recruitment plan beyond the upcoming season.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes:
- Minimum 2 years coaching experience at the collegiate level or minimum 5 years at youth or high school level.
- Minimum 5 years of playing experience.
- USA Hockey Coaching Level 1 Certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of all rules associated with the ACHA or AAU.
Sacred Heart University is a space that respects and embraces differences, recognizes the unique contributions that individuals can make, and creates a community that maximizes the potential of all faculty and staff.