The Head Coach is responsible for the training and development of the Tennis Sport Club program at the University of San Francisco (USF). The goal of the program is to increase participation on campus and competitive performance through regional competition.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of a sport specific training program.
- Development of a sport specific plan, to include all practice sessions and matches.
- Responsible for the management of the team at all club functions.
- Responsible for team selection for all matches and tournaments.
- Responsible for scheduling all practices and matches via the Recreation Manager.
- Responsible for all inventory of equipment necessary to specific sport.
- Be a liaison between team participants and the Recreation Manager.
- Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of the sport specific governing body.
- Must have certifications as required by the sport specific governing body.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Qualification in sport, leisure or related field.
- Experience of playing or working in sports development.
- Event/Coaching qualifications and experience.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours.
- Full, clean driving license.