The Head Coach is responsible for the training and development of the Women's Basketball Sport Club program at the University of San Francisco (USF). The goal of the program is to increase participation on campus and competitive performance through regional competition.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Delivery of a sport specific training program.
- Development of a sport specific plan, to include all practice sessions and matches.
- Responsible for the management of the team at all club functions.
- Responsible for team selection for all matches and tournaments.
- Responsible for scheduling all practices and matches via the Recreation Manager.
- Responsible for all inventory of equipment necessary to specific sport.
- Be a liaison between team participants and the Recreation Manager.
- Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of the sport specific governing body.
- Must have certifications as required by the sport specific governing body.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers coaching sessions and workload to meet goals.
- Overcomes obstacles or refers problems to managers.
- Displays sensitivity, tact and diplomacy in all situations and reacts flexibly in responding to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Record, monitor and analyze information appropriate to this sport club.
- Organizes the storage of information in an effective and accessible manner.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and demonstrates ability to work in a team.
- Able to implement plans and is constantly aware of progress as it adheres to health & safety requirements.