- Michigan teacher certification preferred (but not required).
- Prefer previous record of positive coaching and competitive experience in track.
- Ability and willingness to work and communicate positively with students, staff, administrators, parents, community, and press/media.
- Able to teach fundamentals of track & field along with regulations, rules, and strategies.
- Knowledge of facilities, equipment, and emergency first aid care.
- Commitment to philosophy of fair play and sportsmanship.
- Committed to support the school, school district, and athletic conference; attending related meetings.
- Available for practices, contests, and bus trips.
- Prefer knowledge of the NCAA eligibility standards, MHSAA rules and regulations, and Lansing School District athletic eligibility policy.
The Lansing School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its educational policies or practices on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, national origin, or handicap of any individual.