The Head Girls Tennis Coach will work under the supervision of the Ames High Athletics Director. The Head Girls Tennis Coach must realize and appreciate the need to be a leader of the Ames High Athletics Department and be visible in the Ames Community promoting the sport of tennis.
- Manages and supervises matches and practice sessions that promotes safe techniques, individual growth, teamwork, discipline, respect and superior sportsmanship.
- Helps develop and foster youth tennis in the Ames Community.
- Develops an off-season training plan per the IGHSAU rules to challenge our tennis student-athletes to improve their skills in the game of tennis.
- Holds organizational meetings with tennis staff and students as needed to effectively communicate the vision of Ames High Girls Tennis.
- Oversees program fundraisers that are compliant in nature and benefit the entire Ames High Tennis program.
- Works with other members of the teaching staff to hold student-athletes accountable academically while monitoring their citizenship in the building and publicly.
- Monitors and enforces code of conduct and eligibility expectations at all times.
- Educates and monitors student-athletes in preventing them from engaging in hazing or bullying type behavior.
- Works with the Athletic Director to secure, clean, properly store and inventory all equipment that is used in the tennis program.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game of tennis is expected.
- Extensive knowledge of current tennis coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of the IHSAA rules and expectations for the sport of tennis.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes.
- Utilization of technology is required.
- Effective communication in spoken and written words to all stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A strong rapport with all stakeholders of the Ames High tennis program.
- A high level of accountability and visibility to the ACSD.
- Progressive thinking and a believer in planning and preparation.