The Co-Head Track and Field Coach position will lead and organize the middle school track and field program, along with the other Head Coach. Lead in establishing an environment in which student athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image. Directs the promotion of sportsmanship, program equity and inclusion, a winning attitude and commitment to student academic success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise organization of practice sessions during the regulated season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, administration and support programs.
- Assists the Athletic Director in maintaining the care for athletic facilities and aid in preparation of the facilities for athletic competition.
- Assists Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the Hood River Middle School Track and Field program.
- Assists Athletic Director in meet scheduling when needed.
- Responsible to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills possessed will exemplify a moral character that is consistent with being a positive role model for all students.
- Knowledge oftrack and fieldat the middle school level, including any recent rule changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes and parents.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others. To organize and manage students time effectively. To use problem solving strategies consistently. Adjusts to performing practices in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations. Ability to motivate students. Ability to teach skills and fundamentals.