The 8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach works with student-athletes to teach the fundamentals of the sport and the concept of competing as a member of a team, while fostering physical fitness and the continuous development of skills.
- MIAA Coaching certificate if first serving as an interscholastic coach after July 1, 2005;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and previous relevant coaching experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Knowledge of MIAA rules governing athletic activities;
- Ability to motivate student athletes, communicate clearly and effectively, and relate to and work with students of differing athletic abilities;
- Commitment to remain current in knowledge of the sport, and its coaching strategies;
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Athletic Director may find appropriate and in conformity with state and federal statute.
- playing tactics. Impart love of the sport to players and develop healthy self-image and confidence;
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility;
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one's team;
- Supervise and provide coaching during matches, meets, contests;
- Observe basic safety guidelines. Respond to player injuries with approved first aid;
- Manage uniforms, equipment, and school facilities in a responsible manner;
- Assist Varsity Coach, as needed;
- Other duties, as assigned.
The Hopkinton Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities.