Carry out the objectives of the program as outlined by the Activities Director, in conjunction with the Head Coach. To instruct student participants in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned activity.
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior.
- Positive, high energy, and committed.
- Partners wells with parents, staff, community leaders, etc.
- View success not just as winning; but as helping team members to reach goals.
- Orientation toward continuous improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the policies approved by the South St. Paul Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sport/activity program.
- Has knowledge of the existing system, state and league regulations; implements some consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school activity program.