The assistant coach will work with the head coach and activities director to ensure the highest possible level of service is delivered to students while fostering a culture of academic excellence. Further, in conjunction with the head coach, the assistant coach will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the head coach to enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and to establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Assists the head coach with the organization and supervision of the sports program.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Valid Missouri teacher certificate.
- Employment as a teacher in the Jefferson City School District.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may deem appropriate.
Applicants for admission or employment, students, parents of elementary and secondary school students, employees, sources of referral and applicants for employment, and all professional organizations that have entered into agreements with our School District are hereby notified that our School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.