The Jefferson City School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Coach – Assistant to aid the Head Coach in serving the district’s 9,000 students who attend 11 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high school, 1 alternative school, 1 pre-school and a variety of alternative educational offerings and services.
The assistant coach will work with the head coach and activities director to ensure the highest possible level of service is delivered to students while fostering a culture of academic excellence. Further, in conjunction with the head coach, the assistant coach will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
JOB GOAL: To teach and coach our students at the highest level that can be attained which would support the academic beliefs and practices of the Jefferson City School District.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the head coach to enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and to establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Assists the head coach with the organization and supervision of the sports program.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Complies with all district rules, regulations and policies.
- Other duties/responsibilities deemed necessary as may be assigned.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport, preferred.
Background clearance required; the results of which must be satisfactory to the District.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Must be able to demonstrate performance in physical situations including weather or surface related areas as well as working on game plans or other related tasks that would be done by the head coach.
315 E Dunklin Street
Jefferson City MO 65101
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Applicants for admission or employment, students, parents of elementary and secondary school students, employees, sources of referral and applicants for employment, and all professional organizations that have entered into agreements with our School District are hereby notified that our School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.