- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology or related field with one year coaching experience in a related field.
- Coaching experience in respective sport field is desirable.
- A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
- Assists the Track and Field Coach in coaching duties, team supervision, and scheduling.
- Maintains team discipline and moral standard at all times and on special assignments.
- Performs standard and accepted duties of coaching in various athletic activities.
- Recruits prospective student athletes.
- Adheres to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I sports rules, conference bylaws, compliance regulations, and conference recruiting rules and policies.
- Supports institutional compliance and academic programs, and maintains athletic and academic records.
- Reports all NCAA and conference violations to proper personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer.