Under the direction of the school athletic director and/or principal, the Coach is responsible for supporting the School and the Diocese of Tucson in their mission to evangelize, catechize, and educate youth in a Catholic School environment. The Coach shall be a minister of the Gospel and Catholic teaching both academically and behaviorally while at work and in personal life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the School by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The teacher may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church;
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the teacher’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Shall give evidence of living Gospel values by being an active member of a faith community and being open to the importance of a personal faith journey; shall strive to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example in the teacher’s professional and private life.
- Excellent communications skills including written and oral, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player.
- Be available for evening and weekend work as necessary; have reliable transportation.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing and the use of excel and related technology; ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.