Guide participating student athletes in the achievement of a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship and citizenship. To oversee and promote the athletic program in accordance with NFHS, IHSA and RPS #205 Board Policies and athletic handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all actions are in concert with Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Plans and communicates with assistant coaching staff regarding practice schedule and competition strategies which ensure the health, physical well-being and success of student athletes.
- Coordinates fundraisers, athletic activity account deposits and distribution of funds in accordance with Board Policy.
- Manages the distribution and collection of uniforms and sport specific inventory.
- Ensures that all student athletes are in compliance with District requirements including athletic physicals, student code of conduct,
- Valid Illinois Teachers Certificate and/or Meets IHSA Criteria (Qualification of Coaches – 2.070).
- Previous coaching experience preferred.