Oversees district Physical Education & Health education K-12; provides leadership and ensures district compliance with statutes and regulations for categories of intellectual, specific academic, creativity, leadership, and visual and performing arts.
- Leads implementation of South Carolina State Standards.
- Knowledge of national standards and organizations in relation to field of study.
- Coordinates and implements all curriculum and instructional program development for k-12 students to meet the needs of a global community.
- Develops grant proposals and administers contracts/agreements regarding instructional services for secondary students.
- Coordinates South Carolina Department of Education special instructional programs as well as Federal, State, and local programs/activities.
- Collaborates with other departments, areas and schools on projects related to curriculum development, instruction, and staff development.
- Administers and supervises departmental budgets and program compliance.
- Master’s degree with certification in a secondary of Arts subject area and Educational Leadership /Administration and Supervision, or curriculum-related field preferred but not required.
- Successful experience in curriculum development and/or implementation in one or more academic areas.
- Knowledge of academic standards, assessment, and alignment.
- Successful school leadership and teaching experience.
- Knowledge of the educational and achievement needs of regular and special program students.
- Knowledge of adult learning and implementation of professional development models
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated skills as a successful change agent.