- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree with a major in educational leadership and /or administration with five years of experience.
- Five years of successful administrative or athletic administrative experience.
- Knowledge of the rules that apply to high school sports and the NCHSAA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates and oversees the athletic programs and athletic activities of the middle and high schools; working with the school principals and school athletic directors to enhance the effectiveness and the support of all athletic programs.
- Ensures that athletic programs adhere to the policies set forth by the Wilson County Board of Education, The North Carolina General Assembly, and the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
- Identifies and provides staff development opportunities for athletic directors and school district coaches as needed.
- Participates in the formation of the annual school district’s athletic budget; purchases equipment and supplies for the system’s schools as needed.
- Maintains appropriate records of scheduled events, coaching assignments and responsibilities.
- Processes coaching contracts and reviews timesheets for non-faculty coaches.