- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice and keeps the Director of Athletics and Exercise & Nutritional Science informed of all aspects of the team.
- Determines game strategy.
- Follows district procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models excellent sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Distribute uniforms, supplies, and equipment to student athletes.
- Participates in special activities to include banquet/award nights, and any other organized gatherings involving team.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous coaching/playing experience in cross country (preferred).
- Must have First Aid/CPR card as per WIAA guidelines.
- Completed or will complete all WIAA trainings and requirements.
- I accordance with Governor Proclamation 21.14-1 (Vaccination Requirement).