Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the instruction of athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Guided by the Schools educational philosophy, provides instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, strong work ethic, responsibility, team work, sportsmanship, self discipline, leadership, and self confidence.
- Assists in the supervision of practices, meets, and team trips.
- Updates knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport or coaching in general.
- Assists in the maintenance of relevant soccer equipment.
- Supports head coach in the establishment of a policies with players and parents.
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior modeled on it.
- Ability to assist in the organization/supervision of a cross country team.
- Previous cross country and/or track coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills necessary to communicate electronically and perform timekeeping duties in the payroll software program.
- Good role model and demonstrated excellent ethics.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.