- Direct supervision and conduct of his/her team until students are dismissed from the building or returned to class.
- a. Conduct himself/herself and his/her program in a professional manner and b. Develop student skills and attitudes.
- See that the principal is informed of any program changes.
- Carry out the administration of his/her activity regarding: Insurance requirements, parent approval cards, maintaining team roster, accident reports, accountability of uniforms, team transportation, and security of athletes personal property.
- Emphasize safety precautions, and be aware of the best training and injury procedures. Current first-aid certification is highly recommended.
- Distribute information/activity schedules to building principals, secretary, parents, and participants.
- Attend meetings as called by the activities coordinator. The pre- and post-season meetings are required as part of the coaching contract.
- College degree or college training preferred with a high school diploma or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward students and ability to motivate them toward developing a successful program.
- Understand the activity, its safety practice, techniques, rules, and progression of skill development, evidenced by course work and successful coaching of this activity.
- Be able to instruct students in the techniques and requirements of this activity.
- Ability to plan practices, events, and organize all the necessary materials and persons to carry out the sport/activity.
- Be able to consistently meet scheduled responsibilities for practice, coaching preparation, competition, and related activities.
- Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively under supervision.
- Ability to work with all student coaches, colleagues, and other staff in a positive, professional, and equitable manner.
Spokane Public Schools complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate in the admission, treatment, employment, or access to its programs or activities on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, national origin, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, to the use of a trained guide or service animal by a person with a disability, sexual orientation including gender expression or gender identity, or honorably discharged veteran or military status.