To assist the head coach and/or athletic director in various middle and high school athletic programs.
- High School diploma, or G.E.D. certificate.
- 64 semester hours (minimum) of college credit; or completion of approved KHSAA professional development training as specified in ByLaw 27.
- 21 Years of Age.
- Has met requirements of a criminal records check as specified by Kentucky State Law.
- Has met health requirements as specified in district personnel policy.
- Successful completion of first aid course and CPR certification, as well as any other applicable training requirements as specified by KHSAA ByLaw 27.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sporting rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in promoting sports in the school and community.
- Assist the head coach in planning the athletic program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and supervising practices.
- Assist the head coach in teaching individual fundamental skills, team plan, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Assist the head coach in teaching good sportsmanship and self-control.
- Assist in checking eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.