- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in cross country.
- Determine the meet strategy based on the athletes’ capabilities.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.
- Instill sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, and facilities, including protecting students from hazing/bullying.
- Maintain and secure all cross-country equipment and uniforms.
- 2-4 years of experience coaching cross country, track, and/or distance running.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated person with high energy and discipline to accommodate the rigorous and early morning schedule of cross country.