The coach will be responsible for implementing a coaching philosophy that promotes the expectations of school athletics and activities. They will be responsible for training athletes and preparing them for interscholastic competition and developing their skills at a competitive level. Their responsibilities will consist being responsible for the inventory, ordering, program, and program evaluation. Coaches will enforce discipline, nurture student needs, and model sportsman-like behavior at all times.
- Communicate with teenage athletes, parents, and administrators.
- Set an example through living by a high code of conduct.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Understand and adhere the NSBSD and ASAA policies and guidelines.
- Follow the National Federation of State High School Associations Coach’s Code of Ethics.
The coach must show documentation of the Mandatory Trainings (see Activities Handbook: Training Verification Check List Coaching and Activity Adviser Staff) on/or before the first contract day.