The role of an Avenues coach is to instruct our student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must provide a foundation for integrity, pride of accomplishment, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting, teamwork and self-confidence.
- Breakdown and teach the fundamental skills for players at all levels.
- Attend all scheduled meets and practices.
- Manage and coordinate practice and meet plans.
- Be responsible for handling all administrative duties related to their team.
- Attend all necessary athletic and school meetings and events.
What You'll Bring:
- Head coaches have 3+ years of track coaching experience.
- Must expertise in sprinting and short distance events.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with student athletes, parents, faculty/staff and the athletics department.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, or ability to get training before the season commences.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport, with special consideration given to those having experience with the desired age category.