Provides positive learning experiences associated with the sports program. Provide guidance, leadership, and the fundamental skills necessary to execute the program in a successful manner. Assume the leadership role in relation to team organization, style of play, practice schedules, equipment and assigned responsibilities.
- Teach basic fundamentals necessary for successful participation.
- Provide the necessity for practice and supervision in order for continued improvement.
- Teach responsibilities of rules and regulations, care of equipment and facilities, fair play, respect for others, personal hygiene and safety.
- Hold necessary practices to prepare players for competition.
- Reflect enthusiasm for the program and participants in order to make it a worthwhile endeavor for students and parents.
- Maintain equipment and prepare inventory.
- Follow school, district and W.I.A.A. rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamentals of the game/sport, practice organization, rules and safety and game management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relations with assistants, players, opposing coaches, teams, umpires, staff, parents and the community.
- Ability to organize and demonstrate skills to both assistants and athletes.
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with the media and the public.
- Ability to motivate a variety of individual personalities toward a successful and positive learning/playing experience.
- Ability to analyze the game and to create appropriate training sessions that reflect those observations.