Haskell Indian Nations University is seeking a contractor to serve as the Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Coach. The position exercises responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling operations for a successful and competitive National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) varsity sport program.
- Compliance in accordance to university, NAIA, and Continental Athletic Conference (CAC) legislative policy academic advisement and advancement.
- Student-athlete physical and performance development.
- Recruitment and retention of academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Technical and tactical instruction relevant to the sport.
- Scheduling of practices and games.
- Fundraising and general budget management.
- Facility and sport specific equipment operations and inventory control.
- Management and staff oversight of assistant coaches and student support staff (student coaches, managers, and interns) .
- Maintain standard office hours.
- Attend departmental and university events, meetings, and functions.
Education and Experience:
- A baccalaureate degree is required. Degrees are preferred to be in the discipline and/or sub-discipline of Health, Sport and Exercise Science or education (higher education, education administration, secondary physical education, etc.), but are not required.
- Contractor must have prior intercollegiate competition or coaching experience in cross country and/or track and field. Contractor must have head coaching experience at the intercollegiate level or a demonstrated success as an associate head coach or assistant coach in accordance with duties assigned; National Junior College Athletic Association, National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and/or National Collegiate Athletic Association.
- Demonstrated success is determined through recruitment and retention of student-athletes, student athlete academic and athletic honors, and statistical performance as it relates to strength of schedule and post-season competition.