Manhattan Youth runs organized sports teams and clubs for a variety of sports including, basketball, soccer, softball, baseball/teeball, lacrosse, cross country running, track & field, volleyball, floor hockey, wrestling, flag football, ultimate frisbee, table tennis, fencing, cheerleading, and tumbling/gymnastics. Fitness activities include yoga, zumba and general fitness.
- Work with Education Directors to design program curriculum;
- Create lesson plans and curriculum based on Manhattan Youth’s class descriptions and goals;
- Structure classroom instruction to promote student-centered, project-based learning;
- Plan, organize and prepare activities and materials for daily schedule and lead children in classroom activities;
- Promote and model Manhattan Youth’s core values and behaviors for staff and students;
- Collaborate with other staff to create a positive community and showcase of student work;
- Actively update Program Director regarding classroom progress and challenges;
- Participate in MY staff meetings, development sessions and comply with training requirements.
- 2+ years teaching experience with middle or elementary school children, after-school setting preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Demonstrative knowledge of and passion for content area, professional experience a plus;
- Experience with educational technology instruction and practice;
- Ability to build and maintain positive and respectful relationships with families, students and coworkers of diverse backgrounds and identities;
- Proactive problem-solver, able to anticipate issues and thoughtfully handle unanticipated events;
- Willingness to hear feedback, self-reflect, learn and work to improve performance and outcomes;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate ideas and knowledge clearly.