DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study student athletes’ skills and abilities to maximize their individual and team performance. Develop and implement ideas to optimize student athlete performance. Devise, direct, and execute play strategies.
- Create and sustain individual and team training plans.
- Document student athlete attendance, behavior, and academic status.
- Monitor for injuries and emergency circumstances. Remove student athletes that are exhibiting signs and symptoms of concussions. Contact the necessary internal and/or external personnel that is needed for the particular situation.
- Adhere to, enforce, and implement district, school, and athletic program policies.
- Establish and maintain direction and expectations for all program participants.
- Train Assistant Coaches to fill in as needed.
- Communicate student athlete status with student athlete and their parent(s)/guardian(s). Provide mentorship for student athletes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with the sport.
- Intermediate knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
- Basic coaching skills.
- Intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate student athletes.
- Ability to organize and develop a cohesive sports program at a school site.