Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Coordinator, the head Cross Country Head Coach position is responsible for planning and leading the day to day cross country activities that take place during the 2023 fall season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning cross country activities.
- Conducting team practices and meets.
- Ensures safety regulations and procedures are followed.
- Act as liaison between parents and league.
- Oversee general supervision of assistant coaches.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for participants to practice and compete.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment, and diplomacy.
- Strong knowledge of rules and regulations of cross country is required.
- Course work in recreation, education, or related field preferred.
- Experience in coaching cross country preferred.